Wednesday, February 4, 2009

So, the thing is....

I was all set, all excited, for a stocking this Monday or Tuesday, but 2 weeks ago, disaster struck...

My darling sewing machine had a turn.... I cosied her up, packed her in the car and travelled the 260ish kms to Melbourne to get her the best care possible. They needed her to stay in for a week. When the call came that she was ready for pick up last Thursday, I packed the kids up, and got down there asap. I was so relieved and happy to have my little Janome home with me, and I was ready to get to work! That night, I made a shocking discovery.... My machine was not healed. She may never be healed. She has had a tough life, and at just 6 years young, she doesn't have much time left. Sadly, I will be saying goodbye to my beloved friend. She has been there for me all these years, and I'm very sad to have to let her go.

After a few days madly searching and researching, I found a new machine. Nicholas, Ivie and I travelled 90kms to Shepparton yesterday, and returned home with my new Bernina. Now, she's not much to look at, but I know she has a good heart, and she's in it for the long haul. She's a hard worker, and willing to get through the tough stuff. I think we'll be good friends.


So, the thing is.... The MiniLaLa stocking has now been pushed back, as I have many nappies to sew, but I will keep you in the loop. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment